Sunday, May 11, 2008

Rocky introduction/welcome to Wikipedia

Recently I was motivated to contribute to Wikipedia. I made some updates, and was told:

1. Not to add duplicate information
2. "links to Facebook, YouTube, MySpace and Livejournal sites is perhaps a little more information than the average joe needs."
3. "You don't seem to have been given a proper welcome yet, so here it is:

Welcome...

Hello, Eric.k.herberholz, and welcome to Wikipedia! Thank you for your contributions. I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are some pages that you might find helpful:

Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically produce your username and the date. If you need help, check out Wikipedia:Questions"

This third one, made me feel welcome, and I want to thank the author. Now, I'll need to figure out how to communicate with him. :-)
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: