Monday, January 28, 2008

My Browsers»

My Browsers»
by Eric Herberholz»*
Updated January 20, 2008 11:48 PM US/Pacific [edit]
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Favorites @ del.icio.us / eric.k.herberholz / browser
Eric Herberholz » My Favorites » My Browsers » My Browser Notes
    • InternetExploder - Only as a last resort, e.g. if IE.Tab Extension doesn't work from Mozilla-based browsers.
      • Note: Internet Explorer was unsafe for 284 days in 2006; by contrast, Firefox experienced a total of nine days’ worth of insecurity. (reference)
  • Browsers on a stick:
    • Run Firefox from removable media
    • "Mozilla Firefox, Portable Edition [for Windows; for Mac OS X] - your browser, your way... in your pocket™. Mozilla Firefox®, Portable Edition is the popular Mozilla Firefox web browser bundled with a PortableApps.com Launcher as a portable app, so you can take your bookmarks, extensions and saved passwords with you."

  • My Favorite Extensions
    • The Add-ons (a.k.a. extensions) alone make these browsers 1000 times better than IE. Also Mozilla Firefox based browsers are highly customizable, for example.


* Mozilla derivatives. Frequently encountered issues, Standard diagnostic
My Favorite References: My Accounts, My Addons/Extensions, My Bio, My Blogs, My Browsers, Cases, My Email, Favorites, My Feeds, Google, Home, KM & KB, My_Notebooks, My_Pet_Projects, My_Portals, My_References, My_Roles, My_Wikis.
* Home About me A-List» Blogs» Portals» Social» Tagging» Web 2.0»

  • Apparently, Mozilla Labs has caught the fever, with "The Coop" (is that Co-Op, or a flock of fowls in a coop? =:^)
  • a Flock opinion of "The Coop"
  • My opinion: No way can "The Coop" be as innovative as flock. And even if it could be, they would be way behind on developing it.


firefox

seamonkey

No comments: